We went shopping, but not for rhubarb or for blueberries and these were our main ingredients in the basket, along with other of course 🙂
What better way to use them than in a pie. I am terrible at remembering quantities and also at respecting them 😀 ups. I googled for an inspiration receipt and I have stumbled over Blueberry Rhubarb Pie.
I followed the steps for the filling, the dough I bought it 😀
Why lose more time, when I can use it more wisely typing here.
For the filling I used:
- ~225g = a bunch of rhubarb, chopped in big chunks
- ~400g = a big box of blueberries
- ~1 tablespoon of lemon juice, I use from a bottle (they have run out of lemons in the store)
- ~200g sugar, all my sugar :'(
- ~a pinch of salt
- ~3 tables spoons of cornstarch (I don’t have it, I used semolina flour instead- I hope it will do the trick)
- a couple of puffs of la pièce de résistance Cointreau Cuisine
- ~1 egg for an egg wash, if you have a lattice
Oven temperature: 150C fan
Cooking time: ~60 min or so, it should have a nice jam, bubbling
I have blind-cooked the pastry at 200C fan, with some rice on top, to keep it flat.